During the month of June, the P.E.T.S. Clinic offers FREE Heartworm Tests for Canines when you purchase a 12-month supply of preventative. If you are not purchasing a 12-month supply, we offer half-priced testing all month long.*
For Heartworm testing and medication, vaccinations, and any of our non-surgical services, there’s no appointment necessary. You can bring your dogs in anytime between 10 AM – 2 PM Monday through Thursday, or on Saturday, June 15th from 12 PM – 4 PM.
Texas always ranks among the top 10 states for Heartworm disease in the country. Heartworms can be a life-threatening disease for your dog, and it is very expensive to treat. The best cure is prevention.
In addition to testing and preventative medicine, cutting back pests in your yard is another important part of keeping your pets healthy:
- Make sure you have no standing water in your yard.
- Help your pets avoid the yard at dawn and dusk when pests are at their worst.
- Check for fleas and ticks daily.
- Cut back any tall weeds or grass.
- Make sure your trash bins are not accessible by pets, they can attract parasite-carrying wildlife.
We’ll see you at P.E.T.S. for your free heartworm tests!