[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]This year, on Tuesday, December 1, 2015, P.E.T.S. Low Cost Spay and Neuter Clinic is participating in #GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving.
Last year, more than 27,000 organizations in 68 countries came together to celebrate Giving Tuesday. Since its founding in 2012, #GivingTuesday has inspired giving around the world, resulting in greater donations, volunteer hours, and activities that bring about real change in communities. We invite you to join the movement and give your time, money or supplies this December 1st.
Below are some ways you can help P.E.T.S.:
1. Get your workplace/Sunday school class/book club to make cat shelters for us. Follow these easy and inexpensive instructions for creating cat shelters.
2. Go bargain hunting! We need dog houses in good condition to spread the warmth this winter. Used dog houses can be found at flea markets and garage sales.
3. Organize a team for our Chain-Off program. We build fences for dogs living on chains. We provide the knowledge, tools, and supplies. Just show up with some work gloves and a willingness to help. Follow our page for details.
4. Host a Pet Food Drive. P.E.T.S. Pantry provides pet food assistance to approximately 150 pets each month. We accept canned and dry quality cat and dog food and treats.
5. Add a few items from our wish list to your holiday shopping list:
- paper towels
- High-efficiency laundry detergent
- copy paper
- hay or straw
- 13 & 33-gallon garbage bags
- gallon and sandwich Ziploc bags
- tube socks
7. Post your #UNselfie to our page showcasing you giving back. You can serve as an inspiration to others in our community. Be sure to use #GivingTuesday and #UNselfie.
There are so many ways to get involved in #GivingTuesday and worthy organizations that could use your support. Tis the season to give back. Start by joining the movement and give Tuesday, December 1st. For more information on Giving Tuesday, visit their website.[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”9547″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][/vc_column][/vc_row]